Mr. Aqua vs TruAqua High Clarity Glass Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rcguerra

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just placed an order for the TruAqua low iron cube, and I have a Mr. Aqua (same dimensions). I am just creating the topic to see if others are interested in learning more about these two, compared side by side. Because of the price difference, if enough people show interest, I can make a detailed comparison and share it here. Otherwise, I will keep my findings to myself. :)

I'm interested! Please do share!!! I think people who are researching some rimless tanks can stand to benefit from your findings and review of the product. The TruAqua prices seem right and might serve to be an economical option for low-iron high clarity glass market... especially with the free shipping! This definitely does not help my MTS! haha

img_2377211_0_717324dfdb323a3ac0f76e62de2c81e1.jpg

Awesome! That mini cube they have which is only $30 shipped is tempting... I think it's like 2 gallon or something? Anyway... hope the quality of the Truaqua is good! We'll see :)

BTW, cool avatar! I'm a big Star Wars & Star Trek fan! LOL

The tank arrived today. Very well packed, even though the box was about 10% smaller than the one used by Mr. Aqua.

The tank is almost identical to Mr. Aqua: same exact size, same type of glass. It SEEMS though that the glass is slightly thinner, most likely less than a mm. It also seems that the amount of silicon or whatever they use in between the panels is more on the Mr. Aqua.

I was waiting for this tank to choose which one would be the third one. I am absolutely keeping the Mr. Aqua in the middle and having 2 of this more affordable ones on each side. So far I have no reasons to not get a second one.

Attachments

• image-17698384.jpg
    image-17698384.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 353
That's good to hear the quality is on point. I believe the thinner glass coupled with less visible silicone work is a plus actually. This tank should look crisp as a result. Can't wait to see the trio of cubes!!! Great concept!

Last edited:
I am waiting for the stand to be delivered on saturday. After that, I still need a heater and a filter for the second tank, but I might start without the heater since I am in Florida and we are already in the mid-high 70s. I am actually starting a thread about the trio. Can I have a tank with no filtration or heater for about a week?

Haha..cheap sticker. Well guess a debadge is in store. Got more photos of the tank? Close up of the silicone work?

I'm interested in this as well... My wife found a place about 40 minutes away that have rimless tanks. They are pricey but were going to look Saturday. I'll update in my own thread. Sorry OP for the slight hijack but I'm very interested in what you think of your tanks. Following along.

I got the Mr. Aqua as a direct recommendation from Brian and I really liked it. however, the 20 bucks difference is pretty much the price of almost all the substrate I need to all tanks (or a driftwood or whatever).

At this point, I will pull the trigger and get a second TruAqua, I have no reasons to justify the price difference and get the Mr. Aqua.

Haha..cheap sticker. Well guess a debadge is in store. Got more photos of the tank? Close up of the silicone work?

Can't really see the silicon work, but it is just "less silicone" than Mr. Aqua.

Attachments

• image-2640665905.jpg
    image-2640665905.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 193
  • image-2398465221.jpg
    image-2398465221.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 197
  • image-3366764163.jpg
    image-3366764163.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 173
Can't really see the silicon work, but it is just "less silicone" than Mr. Aqua.

As long as the tank holds water and you can't see the silicone work, that means it's not sloppy and it's done with precision. Good stuff! I ordered the 2g cube... it's like the Do!Aqua 2g at a lower price point shipped + a superior quality glass. Only thing missing is a fancy ADA or Do!Aqua sticker which I'm totally fine not having -- my wallet agrees.

I am definitely ordering my 3rd tank from them, but I may also get some of the smaler cubes for water changes, nursery or even keeping plants prior to inception.

Sounds good. Most people get those cheap 5 or 10g framed tanks from the dollar/gallon sale at petco.. Never thought of a fancy rimless for that task! Haha, that's classy thinking there buddy!

Here's an example of the 2g cube I'll just mess around with. This is the do!aqua.. But i got myself a fancy aquatop! :)

ForumRunner_20130320_210539.jpg

Black background, black substrate and even a cheap green cabomba with a well placed stine and you have an impressive nano!

Back
Top Bottom