multiple filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rokinrandy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi again, i just want to ask everyone about these 2 filters i have been looking at.. in my 55 gallon tank i have been learning with i have 3 filters right now..2 of which i want to remove because i think they are for 10 gallon..i got these things for free and that is why they are there...

filters
1.the whisper double cartridge hob for 65 gal from walmart $35.00
2.second nature hob power filter (so small it's barely hanging on)
3.the fluval internal suction cup filter(i think it is the smallest they make)xp1?

any way the two smallest must go and i am considering the following to pair with the whisper hob i already have from walmart..
my question is which one of my choices would not be in excess because i am not going to be happy with just the whisper..(or please suggest a sufficient filter?)

i am considering 1.the penguin 350 biowheel power filter
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...4RS&ref=3312&subref=AA&GCID=C12188x003&ctt=60

or 2.a magnum 350???
http://store.yahoo.com/pet-king/47431633506.html

maybe the magnum is overkill and money being burned,this is why i am asking. but i definitely feel the whisper is not cutting it alone for my taste,thanks

I wouldn't worry about overkill as you really can't over filter your tank. For a 55g a cannister filter would be my first choice. They are quiet, unobtrusive, and easier to maintain. I'm partial to the Fluvals, and a 304 would handle that tank nicely.

BrianNY said:
I wouldn't worry about overkill as you really can't over filter your tank. For a 55g a cannister filter would be my first choice. They are quiet, unobtrusive, and easier to maintain. I'm partial to the Fluvals, and a 304 would handle that tank nicely.

thanks for the advice .. i heard the magnum is hard to beat..is the fluval 304 better??/

I used to run my 50 gal with two whispers hob rated for a 65 gal without any issues. I recently upgraded to the RenaFilstar XP3 to try something new and so far it is working out great.

Andos99 said:
I used to run my 50 gal with two whispers hob rated for a 65 gal without any issues. I recently upgraded to the RenaFilstar XP3 to try something new and so far it is working out great.

it does seems like 2 of the whispers would do a good job.. someone on this forum was talking about the magnum 350 and they mentioned that you could use it like a vacuum cleaner for the gravel and then dump the garbage when you are done..
then they mentioned the water polishing thing,that sounds so gooood ...
this sounds high tech and now i want it .. i just need to make sure they are talking about the same filter here because i want that :wink:

Back
Top Bottom