Multiple plug-ins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
I have a ten gallon and a 29 gallon(still cycling) I need more outlets and I want to buy one if those that have several plugins. My question is that if I already have one can I have another one in a different outlet . They are both on the same breaker.

What matters is what the circuit is rated for and how much you have plugged in. Most small aquarium stuff is not drawing a lot of amperage. You do not want to daisy chain 2 of them together however. They should both be plugged into the outlet.

In addition... they should both be plugged in to a GFCI or be a powerstrip which includes a GFCI. Aquarium equipment should never be plugged in to a standard outlet or regular old surge protector.

Oh, I knew there was something like that but I couldn't find it! Lol. So many sections! But thank you. My mom was worried about me burning the house down!

In addition... they should both be plugged in to a GFCI or be a powerstrip which includes a GFCI. Aquarium equipment should never be plugged in to a standard outlet or regular old surge protector.

+1 (y) That little wonder of technology will keep you undead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom