Multiple tanks, one air pump ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenGo

Aquarium Advice Activist
After answering a question about line breeding guppies, Brennae pointed both me and the OP of that thread to International Fancy Guppy Association (International Fancy Guppy Association website). After clicking on the beginner's corner (link: Beginners Corner ) it mentioned the following quote in the air pumps section "A good vibrator pump will handle 10 to 15 tanks with no problem. The most efficient way to supply air to your tanks is to run PVC piping with branches off to each tank through flexible airline tubing." It goes on to say you could supply the air with a probable smaller pump than if you used purely flexible airline tubing..

I was curious as to how one would go about actually setting this up with the pvc? ??? Would I drill a hole slightly smaller than the airline tubing into one end of a pvc end cap and subsequently do the same to every outlet branch (since the flexible airline tubing would have to be connected to the filter)? Or would I instead be better off heating the pvc into a tapered end (of course, I'd need to do this in a well ventilated area) for the outlet to the filter and possibly the inlet from the pump?

Also, I'm entertaining the idea of getting a CO2 pressurized system in the future and was wondering if a similar system could work for this as well (using pvc to provide CO2 to multiple tanks if the need arises), or could the pvc react with the CO2 similar to how it reacts to standard airline tubing?

Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions you could give me!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom