My 56 gal tank project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterboi7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently upgraded from a 10 gal tank to 56 gal. I have 1 koi about 7 inches 1 fantail goldfish about 4 inches long. 5 common goldfish ranging from 2-4 inches long. 1 weather loach about 6 inches and 1 tire track eel about 7 inches long. The tank has a fine gravel substrate, an aqueon 55/75 filter and 2 air pumps 1, 60 and 1, 20. My questions are: Is the tank currently overcrowded as is? Probably huh. I want to add 1 more weather loach so mine has a companion. And I'd like to add a pleco or 2 because I think they're neat and help w/ any algae problems. Please tell me if this can work. Or am I setting myself up for disaster? If I have to remove any fish I'd like to remove some of the common goldfish. Thanks everyone for your input

I'm not either but that's what I started w/ and I don't want to get rid of them just because I want to get other fish. I don't plan to get any more goldfish

There are so many other options for fw tropical fish. I totally understand and respect your decision to keep the goldies. You should have no problem with your new additions :)

Back
Top Bottom