My AI controller got wet. Can it be saved?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not entirely sure what an AI controller is, but I've heard of people saving phones and other small electronics by placing them in container of rice for a few days, which will soak up all the moisture. Could be worth a try?

I'm not entirely sure what an AI controller is, but I've heard of people saving phones and other small electronics by placing them in container of rice for a few days, which will soak up all the moisture. Could be worth a try?

aqua illuminations, its a controller for their lights. to the OP, its prob fried but I would try the rice idea and hope for the best. next time id do a permanent wall mount or atleast attach some form of drop cable catch (kind of like the vortechs)

Start by soaking it 24 hours in RO water, then soak it in rubbing alcohol for an hour. Place in front of a fan for at least a day to dry it out. Take the cover off of it if you can to expose the innards. If that doesn't work, it's toast. Rice will absorb the water, but leaves some salt behind where it can short out components.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom