Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

"I have Ebo-Jager TS series 250 Watt and it clearly states on the heater "Do not immerse beyond water level" and lower there is "Water Level" line. So I am not submersing it. It works fine."

I sold my Ebo 150 to a friend for cheap, and he bought another 250 watt since he liked it. The 250 watt had the "Do not blah blah" on it regarding the water level. This led to a fight with the LFS about this the other day. They were like, "There has NEVER been an Ebo that was not fully submersible, ever... You do not have an Ebo" and my friend and I were like, "IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE NEW HEATERS NOT TO STICK IT UNDER WATER" We left after a couple minutes of that.

*15H marine*
-30# Live Rock
-Mixed Snails (Nassarius // Cerith // Astrea // Black Turbo // Mexican Turbo)
-8x Blue Leg Hermit Crabs // 1x Banded Serpent Star // 1x Cleaner Shrimp
-1x Royal Gramma // 1x Percula Clownfish
-2x Mushroom Leather // Metallic Green Star Polyps // Pulsing Xenia // Striped Xenia // Blue Mushroom
-Remora + Maxi-Jet 1200 // 2x Maxi-Jet 600 // Maxi-Jet 400 // Visi-Therm Deluxe 50 // Current USA Orbit 2x 40w PC
grimlock3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Man, when i received the TS 250 I was kind of shocked to see how huge that thing was - it was 17" long!!! I could barely fit it into my 55 gallon tank, and I had to tilt it so it'll fit and not touch the gravel. this thing is great! it only comes up for 20-30 sec at a time and not very frequently. The temp is at rock solid 77. I like it.

- 2 Otocinclus Cats.
- 3 Spotted Corys (Corydoras agassizi)
- 4 Clown Loaches
- 2 Rosy Barbs
captainGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock3000
I was not happy paying so much for the Visi Therm but my only other option was a Penn Plax heater that looked like something I would have built myself for $11.
I'm happy to shell out for a good heater. The first tank I had I skimped on the heater and always regretted it. It's one of the most important pieces for the wellbeing of the fish.

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious.
Sati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:01 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nguyen27 Send a message via Yahoo to nguyen27
Get a Titanium Heater (Is it really by Titanium?), then you shouldn't worry about breaking But I prefer get some Visi-Therm from Marineland, they do fine, order it off bigalsonline.com or petsolutions.com unless you want to pay triple the prices at your LFS

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com