My Eheim 2026 prof II is leaking, any suggestions welcome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stewartnz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I woke this morning to a large pool of water on the floor under and around the tank stand .

The cannister filter is Eheim 2026 prof II. I stripped and cleaned checked all O'rings, had to replace the main O'ring around the impeller head.

main gasket is fine. I took the outlet out of the impeller head to check that also, no positives came from that, everything that should have had lube on, has been lubed. So the service is complete for this half year.

It is leaking a substantial amount of water so I can't even leave the cannister in a 5 gal bucket as it would be full within hours .

I've checked the hose fitting to the cannister, I just can't figure out where the water is coming from, it fills up in the empty cavities in the head unit then spills out over the floor.

any suggestions will be welcome as the fishies haven't had proper filtration all day I have short spurts where I run it then empty the water out of the head unit... not a good situation.

thanks

Stewart

Not familiar with the particular cannister but have had several others and causes for leaks I have had are.... believe it or not, hairline crack in the plastic housing of the filter. Look it over well and see if there is a small crack. Clear plastic is easier to see than colored plastic. You might have to flex the plastic a bit to see the crack. Hose connections, but that is usually easy to see and you have checked yours. How old is the filter?

Hi there,

the filter was purchased approx 3-4 yrs ago, I took the filter back to the lfs where it came from in desperation this morning, lol I turned up with the cannister all my hoses in a large bucket and my trusty screw driver.

got them to run their eye over it (thinking it might be something small and stupid) but no it wasn't that easy, they put a new tapfitting on and ran a test, 5 mins later 5 liters later lol so we did the ultimate test.

separated the top from the header exposing the internal view, this ment no clips to hold the header down when the water pressure started, I put my weight on the header the lfs owner held the coupling on and another guy released the water, saw immediately where the water was coming from. Around the primer, on this model the pump head is also a push primer for the pump. anyway the lfs owner rang the new zealand importer for Eheim and they are getting the filter back there for a service and that should be the end of it when I get the filter back.

so at the moment im pumping as much oxy via an air pump into the tank to make up for the lack of filtration.

Hopefully I'll get the pump back at the end of the week.

long story for such a short question Zagz ;-)

thanks
regards
Stewart

Back
Top Bottom