Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My fish doesnít like his light?

Hi, Iím new to keeping a fish and I recently got one yesterday, a black moor goldfish, and after I turned the light on he kept hiding in the corners of the tank but as soon as I turned the light off he started swimming around like nothing was wrong. Everytime I try to turn the light on he swims away really fast to hide again. Is it because the light is too bright or it bothers him in some way? In the meantime I have a lamp set up right by his tank that isnít as bright so he can still have light when Iím in class and it doesnít seem to bother him. Can how bright a light is bother a fish? I donít want to cause him stress.
Thank you!

Old 04-27-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome!

He might be just settling in - do you have any cover in tank like fake plants, etc? Some fish don't like very bright lights although I'd have thought a goldfish should be fine.

Congrats on getting into fish keeping as well Just wondering if the tank is cycled to process ammonia?

Tags
fish, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com