My new aquaclears!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger1

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-1626527047.jpg

I feel like Xmas came early!! I've heard these are the best HOB filters. So far I like them, but they seem so fragile and brittle. Any recommendations or secrets with care and maintenance to keep these in tip top shape?

I have 1 AC 110 and a penguin 350 on my 75 and I LOVE the AC. If could do it over again I'd do 2 AC's.

I am running 40 of them in my fishroom, from 110's on down. They are the best HOB filter availableIMO. Some of mine are so old they are called 500's and on down the number scale. So you know there good if they last that long:lol:

Just clean them out often or they start making noise. When you hear rattling noise it's time to clean the impeller. But they are very good hob filters.

I got my AC 70s and 110s about 1 month ago. I got four AC 110s are hooked onto my 120g. Its awesome! I also have some leftover AC70s from other projects. I keep it running in a tub, so its ready to handle a full bioload when needed ;) Go AC team!

dscn2614x.jpg

@Foster..40 filters?!? That must be one impressive fish room. Glad to see AC is that dependable. Well, got my 3 up and running now. Two on my 55, and one running with a penguin 200 on my 36. Looks like I'll be looking for a glass cutter tomorrow to take a notch out of my glass lid on the 36. That's the price I gotta pay for over filtration. I must say, they are not as quiet as I thought or hoped they would be. They're not noisy, but they do have a raspy hum to them. Is that normal? But for $57 a piece on amazon, they were a great deal!

Terrance said:
I got my AC 70s and 110s about 1 month ago. I got four AC 110s are hooked onto my 120g. Its awesome! I also have some leftover AC70s from other projects. I keep it running in a tub, so its ready to handle a full bioload when needed ;) Go AC team!

How are you feeding the filter? Are you dosing ammonia every day?

Back
Top Bottom