My new wavemaker and wavemaker General Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got the Jebao RW-15 on my 75g and it's great. I have it on the lowest speed 1/8 on pulsating mode. It has a night mode - trying to figure out how that works and a feeding mode which is great. I can run it up as high as a 4/8 but it scares the hell out of my fish - they are still getting used to it. Will bump it up to 2 tomorrow maybe. 10% power is 400 gal/hour, or as high as 100% power is 4,000 gal/hour. I recommend to people to get a higher power and running it on low speed bc its silent on low speed. You can hear a slight buzz on high and probably would last longer keeping it on low.

A few questions I'd like to put out there. I have pics and maybe you guys can see a couple dead spots on the corner. Any way to get rid of that dead spot? Is my positioning ok??

My sand used to be covered in what I think are diatoms and other suspect Cyano but I disagree. Anyways I haven't cleared it out and think those spots may stay clear now that flow is MUCH better.

Question 2: should I get a second? I currently have a Rio 1700 on the upper right side. Doesn't do much but counter the flow of my return pump -both weak. I could toss it and get another RW-15 link the two and get some really good flow. Also so my fish won't just hang out on the right half of my tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460774883.537859.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460774906.093790.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460774926.571496.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom