Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My Penguin 350 stopped sucking

it still tries to work but it seems like it's not powerful enough to pull the water to the top to the bio wheels. I've had it for about 7 months and i turned it off today to clean it up. when i plugged it back in, it wouldn't suck the water to the top. i then took it to the sink and did a pretty thorough cleaning, but to no avail. can i maybe get some advice from some of you that might have experienced something similar? i don't want to buy another if i don't have to. btw, i have a 40 gallon tank with a whisper 40 in tank filter also.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Welcome to the site T4Duzan. When you are cleaning, pay particular attention to cleaning the intake tube and when it is going back together, make sure the intake tube is seated properly in the impeller connection. While the filter is apart for cleaning, remve the impeller itself and clean the hole it came out of with a bottle brush. If there is any buildup at all in that area, it can really affect the impeller's performance. Naturally, when putting the impeller back in, make sure that it is seated properly in the little rubber bearings on both ends of the impeller and that it turns freely in place before you assemble any further.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
Welcome to the site T4Duzan. When you are cleaning, pay particular attention to cleaning the intake tube and when it is going back together, make sure the intake tube is seated properly in the impeller connection. While the filter is apart for cleaning, remve the impeller itself and clean the hole it came out of with a bottle brush. If there is any buildup at all in that area, it can really affect the impeller's performance. Naturally, when putting the impeller back in, make sure that it is seated properly in the little rubber bearings on both ends of the impeller and that it turns freely in place before you assemble any further.
thanks for the reply OldMan. come to find out, i didn't know that i needed to prime it after cleaning it, so once i filled it up with water, walla, it was fixed.

Tags
penguin, penguin 350

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com