My Penguin 350 stopped sucking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t4duzan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
it still tries to work but it seems like it's not powerful enough to pull the water to the top to the bio wheels. I've had it for about 7 months and i turned it off today to clean it up. when i plugged it back in, it wouldn't suck the water to the top. i then took it to the sink and did a pretty thorough cleaning, but to no avail. can i maybe get some advice from some of you that might have experienced something similar? i don't want to buy another if i don't have to. btw, i have a 40 gallon tank with a whisper 40 in tank filter also.

Welcome to the site T4Duzan. When you are cleaning, pay particular attention to cleaning the intake tube and when it is going back together, make sure the intake tube is seated properly in the impeller connection. While the filter is apart for cleaning, remve the impeller itself and clean the hole it came out of with a bottle brush. If there is any buildup at all in that area, it can really affect the impeller's performance. Naturally, when putting the impeller back in, make sure that it is seated properly in the little rubber bearings on both ends of the impeller and that it turns freely in place before you assemble any further.

Welcome to the site T4Duzan. When you are cleaning, pay particular attention to cleaning the intake tube and when it is going back together, make sure the intake tube is seated properly in the impeller connection. While the filter is apart for cleaning, remve the impeller itself and clean the hole it came out of with a bottle brush. If there is any buildup at all in that area, it can really affect the impeller's performance. Naturally, when putting the impeller back in, make sure that it is seated properly in the little rubber bearings on both ends of the impeller and that it turns freely in place before you assemble any further.

thanks for the reply OldMan. come to find out, i didn't know that i needed to prime it after cleaning it, so once i filled it up with water, walla, it was fixed.

Back
Top Bottom