My penguin bio-wheel 200 filter is not pumping water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vundercoverdog

Aquarium Advice Regular

I've read this is a common problem but this is driving me insane! It's brand new but when i installed it i read it has to be primed so i filled it up then plugged it in, nothing. The empeller is making a rattling noise. So i tried lowering th water in the tank, nothing. I tryed manually primimng it by letting the empeller spin and adding water to it and at first i thought it was working cause water came flowing but then it would just reverse, all the water went out the intake tube. Can anyone please help me all the filters ive had in the past were self priming. I'm about to throw it agaisnt a wall, i need to begin cycling my tank ASAP.:confused::banghead:

Is the tube that holds the impeller all the way down in the filter?

I have the same filter on one of my tanks. +1, make sure the intake tube is positioned correctly, and I actually pumped mine up and down a couple of times and that made it work (?). I have no idea why, but you could try it. I have an AC 70 on standby. I figured I'd let the marineland wear out first:).

I have the same filter on one of my tanks. +1, make sure the intake tube is positioned correctly, and I actually pumped mine up and down a couple of times and that made it work (?). I have no idea why, but you could try it. I have an AC 70 on standby. I figured I'd let the marineland wear out first:).

Yep....air tends to get trapped in there. Mine does it just about every time I have to shut them down for water changes. Just take the intake tube and move it up and down, and push it snugly down inside the pump. It should start up in under a minute. I love my Penguins!

vundercoverdog said:

I've read this is a common problem but this is driving me insane! It's brand new but when i installed it i read it has to be primed so i filled it up then plugged it in, nothing. The empeller is making a rattling noise. So i tried lowering th water in the tank, nothing. I tryed manually primimng it by letting the empeller spin and adding water to it and at first i thought it was working cause water came flowing but then it would just reverse, all the water went out the intake tube. Can anyone please help me all the filters ive had in the past were self priming. I'm about to throw it agaisnt a wall, i need to begin cycling my tank ASAP.:confused::banghead:

Just lift the tube and then push back down in it.

Thanks to all who responded to the OP. This is exactly the info I needed. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much. :)

Back
Top Bottom