Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My PH Levels!

Hello!
I have tested the ph levels in my tank and it is currently at " 6.0 " which is " too acidic " i have to get some ph regulator but i know i need to read the instructions with how to use it but i just need to make sure i know everything. i want to be sre that i am using is correctly. i want to make sure that everything is okay and that i am doing it right. When i get the ph regulator how should i do it, what do you recommend and since my tank is at 6.0 right now should i wait to get the ph regulator or should i rush? i really want to get this done . i recently got two new fish. one died but the other is still trucking. i did was i was supposed to do when transferring a new fish. so i don't need ad vice on that. its mainly this ph regulation stuff. is there anything else i need to consider? i really want to take care of my fish and im trying very hard to learn! thank you so much!

Natalie Fish!

Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

what is your tap ph?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't chemically alter your pH. If the fish are fine, they are fine. How long have they been in there? What type of fish? Tell us a little about your tank....
Old 11-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
Don't chemically alter your pH. If the fish are fine, they are fine. How long have they been in there? What type of fish? Tell us a little about your tank....
hello, thank you for replying. im not entirely sure o what kind of fish i have , im pretty darn sure i have two gold fish, a pleco, a l.. l another bottom feader.. louch! yes a louch and two white ones, im not sure what they are.. they w ere already in the tank. i bought h e tank with he whole " sha bang " when i moved in here. they're two white fish of the same kind im assuming the same sex cause they're no babies they're prety white ones you can see almost right through them.. um and.. thats all i have.. why do you say don'e " chemically alter my ph? and how do i know if the fish are fine ? " i just want to make sure because i love them..

thank you SO SO SO much!!!

nataliefish
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieFish View Post
hello, thank you for replying. im not entirely sure o what kind of fish i have , im pretty darn sure i have two gold fish, a pleco, a l.. l another bottom feader.. louch! yes a louch and two white ones, im not sure what they are.. they w ere already in the tank. i bought h e tank with he whole " sha bang " when i moved in here. they're two white fish of the same kind im assuming the same sex cause they're no babies they're prety white ones you can see almost right through them.. um and.. thats all i have.. why do you say don'e " chemically alter my ph? and how do i know if the fish are fine ? " i just want to make sure because i love them..

thank you SO SO SO much!!!

nataliefish
my tank is huge. like a 77g im not sure how many gallans my tank holds its a big tank.. i've had them since i moved in bought the tank adn everything that was in it and god knows how long they had em for i recently did a major cleaning of the tank got a new filter because the previous owner didn't clean the tank and .. thats disgracful .. but anyway.. thats all i know... 5 of 8 survived... so im happy i could save some..
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I say not to alter it because the vast majority of fish we keep are fine in a wide range and stability is more important than a specific number. Make sure to test your water and do good regular water changes and they will be fine. We'll talk about your stocking at a later date....
Old 11-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
I say not to alter it because the vast majority of fish we keep are fine in a wide range and stability is more important than a specific number. Make sure to test your water and do good regular water changes and they will be fine. We'll talk about your stocking at a later date....
Stocking!?!?!??! lol WHAT!?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #8

my tank ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
what is your tap ph?

my tap ph? do you suggest i test that ? because when i put tap water in the tank for water changes i treat it with water conditioner.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #9
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

The fish in your tank = your stocking.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

yes, test your tap water ph, then also test it after it has sat in a bucket overnight... if the taps ph is dropping significantly after it is in your tank, then there may be something in the tank lowering it, or it could be as simple as lids on the tank not allowing proper oxygen exchange... if you could post pictures of your fish, we can id them... also if you have the dimensions of the tank, it is really simple to calculate gallons

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
level, ph level, ph levels

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com