my Remora Auqua c protein skimmer only fill the colection cup with clear water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtank freak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone my skimmer only fills the collection cup with clear water no matter how I adjust it! Please help

My remora took a little over two weeks to produce anything and it's getting better all the time. :)

How big of a tank, and what's in it? Maybe it doesn't have anything to skim?

So if you have the collection cup all the way up, how long does it take to fill up with clear water?

It's a 56 gallon tank with a deep sand bed and almost half the tank area is full of live rock. If I put the collection cup all the way up it takes about 9 days to get an inch of clear water in it.

You didn't mention what you have in the tank... how many and what type of fish??

If it takes that long to get an inch of water with it all the way up, then it sounds like it's working fine - it just doesn't have anything to skim. What pump are you running on the Remora?

Has it worked before if not then wait. If so, then get any Saltwater Additive like Seachem Prime which helps reduce Nitrite and Nitrate and it will help produce bubbles

Back
Top Bottom