My skimmer is pissing me off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have an Aquaclear aquatics skimmer that I bought awhile back and it worked great for the longest time. About 3 months ago it kept over skimming and filling up the collection cup. I tried to adjust it in several different ways which include fiddling with the air valve with no success, raising the entire skimmer in the water with little success, and nothing is seeming to work for me. Everytime I clean the skimmer it would do the same thing and overskim water into the cup. I cannot turn down the flow of my pump and I have not put anything like stress coat into my tank either. This thing is driving me crazy though and I need to figure this out before I run over it with my car! If anybody has any ideas let me know

Thanks,
Josh

so there is NO way at all to adjust the skimmer? of the skimmers I've seen and owned, they all either had and air adjustment, flow adjustment, or you could raise/lower the collection cup (or a combination of these on the better skimmers).

It sounds like yours only has an air flow valve? If so, it sounds like you're only option is to adjust it there.

Back
Top Bottom