My Typhoon Skimmer isn't foaming why is that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give it at least two weeks so it breaks in , this is normal, try and tune it down so the water level is a bit lower

Having the air and water restriction open the entire way and give it a couple weeks. Then slowly start adjustment.
So basically take the knob out and how about the water flow should I open that all the way?

Don't take the knob the whole way out. Good way to loose it... Just keep it open as much as possible for both the air and water. Then slowly adjust it every several days a small bit.

Don't take the knob the whole way out. Good way to loose it... Just keep it open as much as possible for both the air and water. Then slowly adjust it every several days a small bit.
I did it lastnight and tonight the foam is dirty so I guess it working it just has to foam to the top now.

From looking at the picture making the bubbles the height where the black part of your skimmer is , so about an inch / inch and a half , the reason for this is , the small bubbles needs space to bubble up to the top and create dirty foam , and that is when they pop and foam over to your collection cup , so when you don't give your skimmer enough space for that it will never work

Thanks a lot I did that this morning after reading your reply THANKS ALOT!!!

Back
Top Bottom