Nano cube setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkblades

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Set up my 28g jbj nano last night. This morning my water is still as cloudy as it was the night before. Should I run both my powerheads to increase flow or have them alternating to clear up the aquarium. Thanks for the help.

Dont turn them on at all IMO. Let it settle. All the powerheads would do it make it more cloudy and possibly break from the sand

image-2575520360.jpg

All cleared up. Just an update for those helping me get started.

Update
I ordered some real reef live rock substitute from premium aquatics. It shipped in two days and received it the next morning. Adding it to my live rock already in the tank it really brightened up my colors in the tank. It has a deep purple color. It's very porous for good places for colonization. I will definitely order more for my next tank. I'm on day 5 of cycling the tank. I used Dr Tim's one and only. My temperature is 78, ammonia 0, nitrite .25, and nitrate 0.

Update
Today my water was 78 degrees, 0 ammonia, 2 nitrite, and 40 nitrate. I think this is normal for the cycle to go. Any info if this is normal would help.

Back
Top Bottom