Need a canister filter for a 60 tall!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I've been looking around and welps fluval,sunsun or the other green one I don't remember the name of opinions and input on how they're doing if u have one! Also I just got a bml so sumthing that won't break the bank any harder =)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sunsun is fine. I'd go for the big boy, think it's the 404?? Something with 500+ gph. If you can afford it? An ac 70 hob as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It has a marineland bio wheel 350 on it minus the wheels and plus some coarse sponge and ceramic rings hehe but jusr wanted a canister to run alongside it

Hmmm what about if I don't do the sunsun reviews are scaring me away haha

I have 2, they're fine.. just have to handle them with baby hands.. impatience and brut strength will surely result in a broken sunsun.. they're cheap but they work.

Hmmm ok then seems like the aquatop filters are just better quality sunsun so I might do those they're only like 20 dollars more and guess they have uv and have the sponges and whatnot included

Hmmm ok then seems like the aquatop filters are just better quality sunsun so I might do those they're only like 20 dollars more and guess they have uv and have the sponges and whatnot included

I don't like them I was shown them once and I told the guy at the LFS that they felt cheap and I didn't think the handles would hold up so he gets it out to show me a second time... and snaps the handle off lmao

Yea i understand they're cheaply made but if they work well and all I gotta do is handle em like they're made of glass it isn't too bad

Yea i understand they're cheaply made but if they work well and all I gotta do is handle em like they're made of glass it isn't too bad

Yeah, he put it behind the counter and was like get the 406, and I was like why? and hes like well you don't want one of these lol.

Whats nice about the aquatops is they are powerful and have a UV sterilizer in them, my recommendation would be to lube the seals. Unlike most canisters with 4 or 2 locking handles the aquatops have 2 locking handles and 2 pry handles and when dry you can feel the pry handles bending and if you pull to hard they will break so you need to keep pressure on them but not to much and just wait for the top to come off.

Ah alright haha man its hard to decide on these things it's go for a cheap one at half the price of a good one but it's flimsy or get the good one

Ah alright haha man its hard to decide on these things it's go for a cheap one at half the price of a good one but it's flimsy or get the good one

You could look at the Marineland C-360.

Think ima go with a aquatop in the end since they have all the media and whatnot and theyre not too xpensive

Marineland c360, aquatop, and sunsun are all made from the same mold, can't comment to what is poured to that mold but they're identical..

Yup I know brook =) read up on em but sounds like the aquatop have a lil bit better quality parts and media coming with them and are only an Xtra 30 dollars

Yup I know brook =) read up on em but sounds like the aquatop have a lil bit better quality parts and media coming with them and are only an Xtra 30 dollars

Worth a shot!

Back
Top Bottom