Need a good RO/DI unit recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am getting fed up with the amount of diatoms i am getting from all my local LFS's "ro" water, so I have decided I need to get my own unit. I think I prefer a 75-100 GPD unit.

Bulkreefsupply rodi are very nice. I use their 4 stage 75 gpd and it works great

Second on the BRS units. I have the 5 stage plus model that I got for $175 during a group buy. 75gpd and zero TDS. It can be upgraded to 150gpd for $50.

A float valve to stop the flow when your container is full (the unit already has the auto shut off kit).

Just bought the same one. My first ro unit and from what I've read about BRS I won't be disappointed. Great unit for the price

The one thing nobody seems to mention is that a flow restrictor (i used s ball valve) will probably need to be added to the waste water line. I tried to run it without restricting flow and all the pressure was escaping through the waste tube, and i was getting 10 gallons of rodi a day out of my 75gpd unit. And 1000 gallons of waste water lol.

Back
Top Bottom