need a little protein skimmer advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethieNaples

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone,.

I have a 40 gallon Solana, reef tank. I have a question about my protein skimmer. Okay, you know how there is the black part and then on top there is the removable collection cup? For some reason the bubbles are bubbling above the black part and so the collection cup is filling really really fast, like every hour. The water level is not overly high, at least I dont think it is, it is below the platform where the reserve tanks sit. And nothing seems to be clogged, I cleaned everythign out today and it seems to be fine. On my last protein skimmer, there was a valve to slow down the air flow, but this does not seem to have a valve, it all seems to be based in the height of the collection cup, which is as high as it can be. Any help would be appreciated...
Attached Thumbnails

Okay I thought Solana was the brand? The protein skimmer is the one that came with it...The model number on the instructions is 7048, if it has a fancy model name, I don't know it :)

Yes, I may have to call, the instruction book and website are not very helpful. I was hoping one of you long-timers would know the answer before I fought through the phone system :)

Back
Top Bottom