Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Originally Posted by Paul1792 View Post
It's like the dominators of this site seems to think 50% water changes are the answer to every problem.

Go with an AquaClear 110 HOB ....... so it at least looks like this:

Aquaclear 70

Or use a lot of custom made media like mine:

38 Gallon Community Video by Paul1792 | Photobucket

Cannister filters are too much trouble and too messy. People that use them seem to spend all their time on filtration instead of enjoying their fish.

Fluval AquaClear and C series have all the advantages of canister with ZERO of the mess and potential for leaks.
This post should be deleted, but I would like to respond to it instead.

First, define "dominators of this site" for me please.

50% water changes are a good thing. In fact, bigger is better. If your opinion is based on least effort, I'm afraid I have to rule it out immediately.

AquaClears are good filters. I've used plenty and have a few running now. Canister filters are in no way dirtier or higher maintenance than HOB filters. What experience are you basing this post on? What filters have you run? I can make a case that canister = HOB = sponge = Poret = box = UGF as far as filtration goes. They all have pros and cons, but they can all do the job.

Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
Closed Thread

filter, new filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com