Need a Opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.diggler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I Just got finished setting up the new tank, I have two Penguin 400's running. I am looking to avoid having to buy individual inserts of carbon and ammonia for them, instead i just want to buy the the carbon and ammonia and use a nylon bag.. which brings me to my question, i am either going with the Fluval 204 MSF Canister Filter or the ViaAqua Model 300 Canister Filter... any suggestions, i have a fluval running in my salt water tank and i have no complaints i just dont know much about ViaAqua.

I have heard good things about the ViaAqua, and there are certainly many loyal fans of the Fluvals, but I have Eheim and Rena Filstar, which I am very pleased with. I don't use carbon or ammonia removing chips but I still prefer a canister for larger tanks, sometimes along with an HOB. What size is the tank in question?

Also I am buying Two powerheads for the tank. I have to choose between these three. What do you think
1)Maxi-Jet 900 Powerhead
2)AquaClear 402 Powerhead
3)Mako Shark Powerhead

Back
Top Bottom