need advice on repairing acrylic tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
and here I thought I was going to be so happy with my newest tank. I obviously got a little too vigorious while cleaning the sides of the tank and have a lovely l - o - n - g scratch right smack dab on the front of the tank. Before I tackle trying to fix this, I was hoping someone would have some pointers to offer.

While the acrylic tank is nice and light (and usually very clear) I sincerely doubt I would EVER purchase one again. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a glass one. <insert loud grumble here> :bad-words:

Advice and/or websites???

Just remember glass scratches too, just not as easily. Just try and be more careful and if you keep the scratch clean of algae it shouldn't be too noticeable. You can purchase a scratch removal kit if need be.

Swing the tank around so the scratch is on the back. In order to buff the scratch out you would have to drain it anyway.

Just remember glass scratches too, just not as easily. Just try and be more careful and if you keep the scratch clean of algae it shouldn't be too noticeable. You can purchase a scratch removal kit if need be.

Have you ever used one of those kits? and do they work fairly well?

I can't turn it around because I had them do the back piece in blue.

Rats!!

Back
Top Bottom