need advice setting up a 36gal corner bow front aq. 4 clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gbraatz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a 36 gal All-Glass Genevia series tank. I would like to put some live rock and a few clown fish. Any advice would be great. I need help with filtration, lights and so on.

Id be careful how many you put in there. I have a 125 and my two clowns fight all the time. Let others chime in before you decide.

First off, Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!! :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:
I agree. Two clowns max, but only if they are a mated pair. Otherwise it is trouble. They are very agressive towards other clowns.
I need help with filtration, lights and so on.
That is a lot to cover in one post. I do suggest you get a good book on SW tanks. I like "The Consceintious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. There are also articles on getting started in the "Articles" section at the top of the page.

You have lots of options. Dwarf angels, royal gramma, firefish, six line wrasse, gobies...the list goes on.

I would like a couple of fishes that wont eat up te live rock or other invertibrates. And will get along good w/ one clown.

nothing will gobble up the live rock so to speak, being a small tank and u want a couple of fish i'd suggest a species of dottyback..plenty out there to suit your colour likes, a firefish would go great and perhaps a flame angel or coral beauty..

thank you. Hey should i use live sand, and do I need live rock? Theirs not much room for lighting on this aquarium. :roll:

use as much as you like..but have enough so it can actually be of use.. no point have one piece because it wouldnt really help.. i'd go with at least 35 depending on what you want to achieve look wise..thats my opinion anyway

I think 4 clowns would be OK as long as you buy them all at once.

My LFS sells them quite little, so they arent quite "sexed" yet. I think if you buy 4 at once you would have probs. But I dont know how well they would get along.

Back
Top Bottom