Need an RO unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my LFS sells the Coralife units, the 24 and 50gpd but the aquatic-life ones are way cheaper... why? I really like my aquaticlife T5, seems great should I just go for the AL 50gpder? On the coralife ones whats 3 stage vs 4 stage and is a pump necessary? How many GPD do I need?

I would not go with either, and go with a bulk reef supply 4 or 5 stage 75gpd. It is a good solid unit that is a compromise between cost and quality. I have heard many complaints about both the units you have listed. I have heard very few or no complaints on the BRS units. If you get the deluxe package, you get a TDS meter inline, which is pretty much a necessity.

BRS 4 Stage Value Plus RO/DI System - 75GPD - Bulk Reef Supply

Whether or not you need a pump will depend on how much water pressure you have to start and how quickly you want the water produced.
For example: my RO/DI unit is supposed to do 100 gpd, but because my water pressure is so low I'm getting closer to 50 gpd. So I'll be splurging on a pump once I get my income tax return.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would not go with either, and go with a bulk reef supply 4 or 5 stage 75gpd. It is a good solid unit that is a compromise between cost and quality. I have heard many complaints about both the units you have listed. I have heard very few or no complaints on the BRS units. If you get the deluxe package, you get a TDS meter inline, which is pretty much a necessity.

BRS 4 Stage Value Plus RO/DI System - 75GPD - Bulk Reef Supply
Ok thanks, I sort of got my questions answered in that other thread.

My only other questions are on a TDS, ph, salinity meter.

So whats the differance between HM-Digitals TDS-3 and TDS-4? The TDS-4TMA also does temp what about the AP-1? Then there is the COM-80 and COM-100? Do I need to measure electrical conductivity? What would be nice is if they had one for salinity too.

I think I might grab a PH-80 or PH-200 and then the COM-100.

So this BRS 4 Stage Value Plus RO/DI System - 75GPD - Bulk Reef Supply

Then whats the water saver do for $40 more besides getting double the gpd? BRS 4 Stage Value Water Saver Plus RO/DI System - 150GPD - Bulk Reef Supply

Then is this the full 6 stage system or will i still need a pump and stuff? Looks like they take off the DI stage add another carbon stage and then add 2 DI stages? Does this make the DI resin last longer or does it just last 2x as long with out changes because there are double the canisters? 1 vs 2?BRS 6 Stage Universal Water Saver Plus RO/DI System - 150GPD - Bulk Reef Supply

The water saver adds an extra RO membrane, which means you cut your waste water stream in half (and increase your GPD by two).

The DI will last twice as long because you have double the resin.

The water saver adds an extra RO membrane, which means you cut your waste water stream in half (and increase your GPD by two).

The DI will last twice as long because you have double the resin.
So its not like it will be more efficient and last more than twice as long? So the water saver 4 stage would probably be fine?

Back
Top Bottom