need equipment recommendation for my new 30g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all! I've had a 10g hex all the time and I'm moving up to a 30g standard size! I need some filter recommendations for it! HOB or canister is fine. the 10g hex has a betta and about a dozen ghost shrimp! Anything else anyone wants to add so I don't forget?

All the way with Rich. I run an AC50 on my 29, and an AC 20 on my QT 15.

Never had a problem. Very Quiet, Easy to clean, And Cheap!

You could go with a Rena XP1 cannister if you want to spend the money. Or you could go with all the suggestions above and get an Aquaclear HOB. I have an AC on every one of my tanks. I have an AC50 on my 29g and you could go with that or the 70 for your 30g.

sounds good! i'll be picking up one of those shortly... now i can't wait to start stocking this baby!

Magnums are generally bypassed for better cannisters (Rena, Fluval and Eheim). I've heard of people who like them, but most people I talk to don't.

I have a Magnum 350 and a Millenium 2000 on my 42 gallon hex. The magnum is incredible. It takes a little time when 1st out of the box, but it is easy going afterwards, especially with the quick shut of valves. Flow rate for the money, I think the Magnum is a great deal. I know several people who run Magnums and love them. Of course, I don't have any experience with other cannister filters, but this rookie likes his Magnum.

Back
Top Bottom