Need feedback on this RO/DI system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats a real nice price!!!! Looks nice and has every thing needed...
replacement filters can be bought from that same vendor from what i see.
I get my micron and carbon filters at HD, Just get them the same micron size that they reccomend for your filter. Depending on how bad your water is you will be changing your resin more then your filters. Shop around for resin, I have used resin and filters from airwaterice and resin depot both have great stuff.

With the prices of replacement filters, its most likely cheaper to just replace the entire unit ( for 74 bucks why not ? )

You should pick up a TDS meter, this way you will know for sure when you need new resin. My resin would change color fast and my TDS was only around 4-5 so I would run it up till I got a TDS of 15 before I would change it. Of course it depends on what is causing the TDS to register. My frined uses the tank and he loves having RO water for drinking and ice.

I've had one of their's for over two years and it works great. They sell replacement filters pretty cheap too (you can get a years worth at a time).

I'm pretty new to SW tanks and have never looked at RO/DI systems before, so, stupid question: Does this unit hook up to the plumbing or do you run a hose from the sink faucet to the unit?

you tap into the plumbin....typically you get a T in the line that goes to the faucet/sink (cold water)
Im actually putting my in the garage and tapin in there

Back
Top Bottom