Need grow light for 10 gal tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kromlech54

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I'm looking for a good light for a 10 gallon planted tank that I want to do some high lighting on,but I don't want to spend more the $80 preferably, can anyone recommend me a light that would hit the 3 watts per gallon or more so I could grow pretty much everything.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Check out the Finnex Ray 2 and Finnex Planted+

I personally like the Planted+ better due to the red LEDs that are in it. It produces a more pleasing spectrum. But it will get you in the moderate light range. Still very capable of growing plants.

The Ray 2 has higher PAR, enough for high light on a 10g. It uses all white LEDs so colors may be a little washed out by comparison. Just be prepared for CO2 and lots of ferts if you go this route.. otherwise you'll have an algae farm with that much light.

Check out the Finnex Ray 2 and Finnex Planted+

I personally like the Planted+ better due to the red LEDs that are in it. It produces a more pleasing spectrum. But it will get you in the moderate light range. Still very capable of growing plants.

The Ray 2 has higher PAR, enough for high light on a 10g. It uses all white LEDs so colors may be a little washed out by comparison. Just be prepared for CO2 and lots of ferts if you go this route.. otherwise you'll have an algae farm with that much light.

+1 planted plus should grow out like a champ on a 10..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just bought the planted+ 65 bucks on amazon. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom