Need heater suggestions please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm getting everything together for my 75 gallon switch. This will take place the weekend after thanksgiving. I have the tank,filters,glass canopy,decor,gravel and lights. What I WILL need is a new heater.

What's a good heater? I'm using now on my 55 BF a Aqueon Pro but it won't be enough for the 75 gallon according to specs.

Any suggestions? Some web sites are having a black Friday sale and some LFS are also having sales.

So what's a really good heater? I'm gonna keep the other heater for back up.

What size is the aqueon? A 200-250w heater should be sufficient for a 75g tank unless your house is really cold. I run a single 300w on my 150 with no heating issues.

I have a Via Aqua Titanium heater with a remote thermostat outside of the tank, and I absolutely love it. It keeps the temperature SPOT on, verified by my digital thermometer/tank minder.

Just checked - the heater received 4.5 stars on amazon!

mfdrookie516 said:
What size is the aqueon? A 200-250w heater should be sufficient for a 75g tank unless your house is really cold. I run a single 300w on my 150 with no heating issues.

It's 150 watt actually too small for even my 55! But there I go listening to my LFS. I but in my spare Top Fin heater to help maintain till I get my 75 up and running.

I like Aqueon products. I'm gonna look into that heater.

House doesn't get that bad. Heat cranks in these old buildings.

Chriznat20 said:
I have a Via Aqua Titanium heater with a remote thermostat outside of the tank, and I absolutely love it. It keeps the temperature SPOT on, verified by my digital thermometer/tank minder.

Just checked - the heater received 4.5 stars on amazon!

How much? Sounds interesting.

Another 150w would be perfect if you go that route. I've been very satisfied with my Aqueon Pro's. I've got a titanium heater as well... though the name escapes me right now. The down side to them is that they're shiny and harder to hide than the flat black composite heaters.

PS is having sale and the A pro is like 26 bucks. Rule of thumb do go one up like you do with filters? Like should I go with the 250 watt good for up to 90 gallons rather then the 200 watt good for up to 75 gallons so I have some room for compromise.

Or just use the heaters I have now... I'll add both. One on each side.

mfdrookie516 said:
Well... since you already have the 150w, why not just get another? Unless you want to use it on another tank, then get a 250w.

I may use it on another tank. A just in case tank and just go with the 250w and call it a day.

I would get an Aqueon 250 (I have one running my 90G right now..) Tried a Fluval E300 and sent it back, things are junk IMO..

nextgeneration40 said:
I would get an Aqueon 250 (I have one running my 90G right now..) Tried a Fluval E300 and sent it back, things are junk IMO..

Thanks picked up the Aqueon 250 yesterday.

Had good luck with my Aqueon, and when I asked my local dealer which one they recommended, they also stuck with the Aqueon product even though they could have sold me one that was 4x more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom