Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need Help choosing Filtration equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 33g / 120lt tank (Jewel Vision 120) and want to upgrade to an external filter system, for various reasons.

I was looking at the "TetraTec EX external filters" range. Thinking the 600 model as i have a 120lt tank.

My question is, has anyone got first hand experience with this range of filters and if so how well do they work. Also, if anyone has any other external filter systems they have used and can recomend them please do so

I'll be ordering it online so any suggestions on different filter systems which i can buy online would be helpful.

thanks for you time people

Antonio

Old 12-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

If you are looking for a nice Hang on Back (HOB), the AC70 will work very well on that sized tank.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I'd have to agree with JC, the AC 70 would be an excellent filter for that tank.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

AquaClear (AC) is the way to go.. its almost like a hang on the back canister filter with 3 spaces. for your tank, I would get the AquaClear 70, even though it is rated for 70 gallons
---
10 Gallon Hexagon
Hagen AquaClear 30, Visi-Therm Deluxe 50, DIY CF 20W 6500K CF, Hagen Natural CO2 System :: Bloodfin Tetra (1), Red-eye Tetra (3), Black Skirt Tetra (3), Harlequin Rasbora (6), Platy (1), Otocinclus Catfish (1) :: Rotala Indica, Hygrophila Difformis (Wisteria), Cabomba Carolinia
---
tropicalfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #5

thanks i'll take a read on the AC70 and post back

Ant
Old 01-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #6

Ok i wasnt happy with the "hang on back" filter.
So i decided to go withthe TetraTec EX700. Im happy with it also my waters now crystal clear! Nice as it used to be a little murky and bitty.
The filter VERY easy to install and set up, as well as being super quiet while it circulates my entire tank nearly 5 times an hour with the standard jewel filter, which was pre-installed.

Now the larger particles have been filtered and the water clear, i'll just sit back and wait for the EX 700 to grow itself a new bacterial colony and let it get to workon the unseen water hazards.

tanks for your suggestions tho guys

Antonio

Tags
equipment, filtration, filtration equipment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com