Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
need help finding new tank...

I am looking to get a new tank. I currently have a 46 bow front and want to get at least a 55-60 gallon tank. I want to upgrade to a canister filter so I would like to find a tank that is already ported. I plan to keep it fresh water. Any advice where I can find a good deal on somthing like that?

DSM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
big al's has some pretty good deals on canister filters. Cheaper than eBay actually.

aquachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
What do you mean by ported? Canisters dont require a special tank. Are you meaning drilled? Thats only necessary for a sump, and would be more of a hassle if you're not running a sump. You're going to get your best deal local. Shipping will kill you on a tank. Do you have a petco around? They periodically have sales for $1 a gallon on their tanks (there's a size limit though). Petsmart doesn't have bad priced tanks either. Craigslist is always the best choice IMHO. I've made several good deals on there. I got my 150g complete setup with 2 canisters, lights, stand, heater, and a bunch of accessories for $225.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Honestly I don't know a lot about running a canister filter. I did know that the tank didn't need to be drilled but I have seen a few that were drilled and I like the look. That may be a dumb reason but are there issues the drilled tanks that make them a hassle?
DSM33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com