Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Need help please ;-(

Sorry to bother you guys,but I was cleaning my fluval 405 and when it was done I turned on my Aquastop valve ? The canister didn't fill up ? So in manual it says Use the instant-prime handle to fill the canister,which I did ? Still it hasn't filled my canister ;-( my fluval is only 3 months old ? CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP...cheers

Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Are the intake and outflow below the water line? Is there anything clogged in the tubes? The primer handle can take some work to get it going. You should hear the water filling when you pump it.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cheers meegosh mate but did all that,even phoned customer service,they said the same mate ;-( but still nothing.gonna give it a break till morning,then go nuts on its canister *** can see the water going up the intake but it stops before going over the rim of tank and back into canister mate ;-( lucky I'm only cleaning one of my 405's or I'd be real MAD now mate so if you have anymore suggestions I'm all ears mate
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Fish R friends, not food!

With the valve open, pull the spraybar out of the water. Sometimes the water cant push air/water out of the return hose and wont let the water in to the canister. Make sure the hose from the canister isnt plugged or full of water and wont let the air out of the canister. For water to go in, the air has to go out somewhere.

Also, make sure the aquastop valve is all the way down and the flow valve is all the way open. If the aquastop isnt all the way down it wont open the valves.

Hope this helps!
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cheers spoonman,but fluval 405's don't have a spray bar ? Well in UK they don't mate,and I left about a pint of bacteria in the bottom of my canister filter ? But Hagen are saying there mustn't be any water in canister at all ??? Which I find strange ? Took hoses off ran a snake thought them for blocks ? Still no joy ;-( I'm stumped mate but cheers for the input....
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hey man had the problem with one of my friends filters was just a fault with the impeller why don't you give a woman named Marcella at Rolf c Hagen a phone just ask to be put through to her hopefully she can sort you out with new part or maybe a new filter
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cheers Gareth
Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Have you had any luck? Mine usually starts back up without any issues. Couple pushes on the primer handle and it fills right up.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

No meegosh mate ;-( no joy,Gareth was right ? It was an issue for a lot of other people and fluval 405's...
Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean jones
No meegosh mate ;-( no joy,Gareth was right ? It was an issue for a lot of other people and fluval 405's...
So did you talk to Fluval makers? Are thy sending you a part or new filter? Did they help you at all?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com