need help QUICK please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a fluval 405 that is two years old. It is leaking under the handles that you lock the lid down with. I have tried changing the O ring and it is still leaking. Anyone know how to fix it?

Are you sure the o ring is seated in the proper place? Also, it needs a tiny bit of vaseline on it to lubricate it. Was it leaking before you replaced the o ring?

Good luck getting any sort of warranty. I tried their online customer service about my 405 sucking in air after replacing a ton of parts. Found out only the motor is covered for 3 years. The agent answering my emails didn't even seem like she was reading what I was writing and gave me general answers you probably could find in the manual. She even closed my inquiry without any resolution. Safe to say it was a mistake sending me a customer service survey afterwards.

Was pretty disappointed with the customer service after being a fan of their products.

make sure al the baskets are in properly and check its all fitting ,otherwise i cant help

I made sure all was in correctly, i just can't figure out how the water is getting out. For those of you that have a 405 on the cannister at the top were the lid/moter sit is a small track it seems water is getting into this tract and then leaking out were the handles camp down were the little V shapes are at. I dhope yall can understand this description. I have already replaced this filter with a marineland 360 that i was already planing to buy to replace the enhime 2217 that I have. But if i can get my 405 back up and running that would be great.
Thanks for yalls help so far.

I noticed water in that space before. But that was only once and I haven't seen it again. Is it maybe trickling down into the gap from the flow adjuster thing (can't think of the name) where the hoses connect and disconnect?

I dont think so. I did not fin any water on the top of the filter. just running down the side starting at the little V that is on the side by the clamp.

No hairline cracks around the lip? Maybe you got two bad gaskets (unlikely)?

You could give their customer service a shot. I found them less than helpful and even a little condescending. Got asked if I "filled the tank with water first" ... What the heck lol.

Back
Top Bottom