Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to catmel
Need help with coralife aqualight pro light fixture

In need of some help!

I'm trying to change my lights on my coralife aqualight pro 48" fixture. I got the lights used from someone a few months ago. I was told I needed to unscrew the side of the fixture and slide things out. Ahh if it were only that easy!

I'm just not sure if I dont have the right screwdriver size or what.. the screws wont budge. Any idea on the size I need to use to get these out?

Also the plastic cover covering the PC bulbs wont budge.. its suppose to slide out. Could salt have gotten in there and 'cemented' it? If so whats the best way to try and get that free? Spray vinegar? fresh water?

Any help greatly appreciated!

75 Gallon Saltwater Reef

Just your average LVT (licenced vet tech) trying to help the world's animals!!
- Melinda
catmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a coralife aqualight and my lens got stuck for some reason also, I had to cut the tabs keeping it in, with a razor blade (on the side it slides out on, on the bottom where the lens slides in). As far as changing bulbs you shouldn't have to unscrew anything, just get the lens out and the bulbs should be accesible from there. Take care in not breaking the rubber bands that hold the lights in. I only have a 24" so your set up might be different.
ThrowedToad is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, coralife, fixture, light, light fixture

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com