Need help with coralife aqualight pro light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In need of some help!

I'm trying to change my lights on my coralife aqualight pro 48" fixture. I got the lights used from someone a few months ago. I was told I needed to unscrew the side of the fixture and slide things out. Ahh if it were only that easy! ;)

I'm just not sure if I dont have the right screwdriver size or what.. the screws wont budge. Any idea on the size I need to use to get these out?

Also the plastic cover covering the PC bulbs wont budge.. its suppose to slide out. Could salt have gotten in there and 'cemented' it? If so whats the best way to try and get that free? Spray vinegar? fresh water?

Any help greatly appreciated!

I have a coralife aqualight and my lens got stuck for some reason also, I had to cut the tabs keeping it in, with a razor blade (on the side it slides out on, on the bottom where the lens slides in). As far as changing bulbs you shouldn't have to unscrew anything, just get the lens out and the bulbs should be accesible from there. Take care in not breaking the rubber bands that hold the lights in. I only have a 24" so your set up might be different.

Back
Top Bottom