Need help with Lighting Question/Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dacaptain78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,
I am in the process of setting up a 65 gallon (dimensions: 36x18x24) reef aquarium. I purchased the Outer Orbit 36" HQI/CF lighting system. The problem with this light is that when it is mounted over my tank the metal halide bulb will be directly over the center brace of the tank. I assume that this is problematic and will interfere with light reaching my tanks inhabitants. Is my assumption correct? If so I guess I will return the light.
If I return the light for something different, can anyone suggest a good lighting system that will not limit the type of corals I will be able to keep? I was considering the SunPod 36" that has 2 150 watt metal halide bulbs. But with only 4.6 watts per gallon i feel I may be limited in what I can keep. TIA for your help.

Shaun

I didn't even consider that it could melt and warp the plastic brace! The light is still in the box in my basement, thankfully.

Not only will it melt but the brace but will cast a shadow down on your corals. You`ll need to get the 2 - 150 watt.

Back
Top Bottom