Need help with new Marineland visi-therm heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought a Marineland visi-therm heater and I've notice the temperature I set on the heater is not exact with the aquarium water. I set it to 75 F and my tank is at 80 F. I've had it now for a couple days. The heater is 150 watts and my tank is a 29 gallon.

If anyone has this heater or knows a lot about it could you please tell me how to fix this this problem. I recently changed heaters because the other one I had that was 200 watts got too hot and when my pleco when under it he burned himself. I also changed heaters because the old one did not show the temperature.

Because your are running more watts than necessary the dial setting will prob be lower than actual temp, I have the sane thing, 150 watt in 29gal set to 74, actual temp is 79, make sure you have a good thermometer and you're all good!

I don't believe they can be recalibrated. Either adjust the setting until you get a satisfactory reading on your thermometer or return the heater and get a 100w. My old Visitherm was dead-on accurate in a small tank but then it was the recommended size for that tank as well. Why run more watts than necessary? If you want to reduce your heater's work load, getting two little ones is a better bet.

I got the larger one so it would last longer but what I don't get is my tank came with a 200 watt heater. The visi-therm keeps the temperature very stable and it never goes down a degree unless I make it. I have two thermometers on the tank right now. I have a digital and a normal glass one. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this problem but from what I'm hearing it isn't possible. My aquarium will take back the heater if I don't like it but I don't like returning things because it's kind of awkward.

Fluval E series heaters would solve this problem. They have digital temperature display and u set the desired temp in ½ degree increments. Not cheap, but not crazy expensive either

Fluval E series heaters would solve this problem. They have digital temperature display and u set the desired temp in ½ degree increments. Not cheap, but not crazy expensive either

These heater only have one disadvantage. After a wile the digital screen fogs up and you can not read it. The only thing visible is the colour of the screen. These heaters are pretty good except for that one flaw.

When should i expect that to happen?

It usually happens when you change the temperature by 5 degrees or more. After time it happens to but this happens after about 2 years. When you change the temp do it 2 degrees at a time.

Back
Top Bottom