Need help with Saltwater Connection Skimmer - overflowing!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone,
Got a wonderful skimmer - SWC skimmer, rated I think to 120 gallons from someone locally. I am having an issue with it.. it turns on, but seems the pump isnt producing any bubbles, it overflows the collection cup and tube by just pushing water through it. The airflow is open all the way.. mnd according to the website, it suggests having it in 8-10 inches of water.. it is in just under 10 inches of water.. I'm stumped.

unsure of exact model but its setup is similar to this one: http://www.saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4

Any idea how to get this skimmer working properly? Any help greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
This may be a stupid question, but is the intake airline up and out of the water? The airline is attached to the venturi next to the pump and that line needs to be out of the water to pull in air.

Not stupid at all, found out the tube came disconnected.. hense water getting in and no air. That problems fixed, next question.. how to elevate the skimmer? Seems its in too depe of water. LOL.. I thought I had this all figured out. Amazing what you learn ;)

I built a stand out of egg crate to elevate my skimmer.
gatemod5_2-09.jpg

Good idea.. did something similar. Used PVC with bathroom tiles superglued to the top, worked well. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom