Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Need new skimmer! Help!

We have the Coralife Super Skimmer. I've been reading on another thread that many people have had a lot of problems with this skimmer. We can't get ours to work properly after only a year. It's time to upgrade.

I'm interested to hear more about the Aqua-C Remora. What model would be best for a 90 gallon with a sump? Any good online sites for prices? My son isgoing to college in the fall so he's watching his pennies (that's why he likes mine so much)! Also, we've started with some macroalgae but it seems to be growing slowly. What type is best? Any recommendations for providing the best growing conditions?

fishcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
PM austinsdad, he has one that he will sell you. It is used (I have seen it....twice...LOL) but in great shape.

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
IMO, a Remora is way too small of a skimmer for a 90. They rate them up to a 120, but I would cut that in half. If you have room in the sump, I would suggest an Octopus skimmer and that will cost less than $200.

For macro in the sump I use chaeto, but if you keep a lite on the fuge all the time you can use caulerpa. I just use a pc spotlight from HD to light the fuge.
125g reef
See My Tank Info
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com