Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need RO advice

I have a 125 gallon tank and I haven't put in any water yet due to fact I don't have a RO filter yet. I look online and see all these types of filters, but it looks like they all are like the same thing except for the different stages. Can anyone advice me on a good but affordable RO filter. I saw this type of filter that a bunch of people were getting off ebay called the Typhoon III. Well any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Chris

Old 09-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6-stage-125-...verse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filter_W0QQitemZ4404194514QQcategoryZ20684QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Seen this one? I believe some folks around here may have some experience with it. Check around. Only 2 left @ $99.00. This ia a 110gpd unit and had a lot of neat accessories (auto shutoffs, & etc)

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

you want ro/di not just ro....

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:56 PM   #4

Oh ok so I need both, do you have any suggestions as to which system I should get? There was this other system that I saw on ebay in contrast to the one austin showed me. It was an Aqua Safe filter system that pretty much had the same things as the one presented by austin. I don't know if anyone has tried this system. But any input would be great. Thanks.

Chris
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

hey i just won the bid on a aqua safe 6 stage ro/di with the holding tank i also purchased an inline tds meter. i should get it all by friday i hope they told me because of the hurrican that their backlogged on shipping. i could let you know maybe by this weekend once i get it up and running and tested and see if it works well. i will post back when i get if you are waiting that long dont know ???
how that helps
Old 09-13-2005, 10:47 PM   #6

Ya sure flame that would be great. No i'm not in any rush right now at buying the system I was just looking around trying to find out which would be a good reliable one. Also let me know how much was the final price including shipping when you won the bid.

I don't know if this is the one that you got but, if it is ya please let me know how it works for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SAFE-MAXIMU...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure whether to get this one of the one listed above by seaham. Hope to hear from you soon Flame. See if you could also post some pics, that would be great .

Chris
Old 09-14-2005, 02:30 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

yup that would be the one i got accept that i didnt buy that paticluar pacakage with all the replace ment filters since i will probably only be making about 6 gallons a week between my two tank so it would be a while before i needed repalcing. but thats still a good deal you would be set for a few years depending on how much you use it. as soon as it gets here i will let ya know how well it works for me i plan to tare one tank down and replace the watet, so i should be able to run 60 plus gallons through it and a good test run. i also purchase the meter separte just so i can make sure its working and know when i need to replace filter heres the link i think i will like this better than the hand held and their almost the same price:http://stores.ebay.com/H2O-Science_W...enameZL2QQtZkm

its at the bottom of the page

and heres is the one i bidded on and won for price, ship= 107.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SAFE-100GPD...QQcmdZViewItem

and i will post asap when it gets here 8)
Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is the one I have and it's been a good one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUARIUM-2-110GPD-RO-2DI-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-water-FILTER_W0QQitemZ7712313155QQcategoryZ20756QQtcZpho toQQcmdZViewItem

You'll need to copy and paste the link.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:40 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

I bought the Aqua-Safe system just over 7 months ago. We have gotten close to 700 gallons from it. It's done a good job for us.
It's time for new filters and resin and the best deal I could find was from www.buckeyefieldsupply.com.

29-gal: PCs,LR,LS,Skimmer,Fish,Soft corals (Born 9-04)
No_Floaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:07 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jaiden
aqua safe canada, and the american company (water general? I forget) that sell on ebay both make good systems that many people report success with.

I am REALLY glad I got the small pressure tank, and the drinking water faucet (For RO only) which came with mine.

I have the 6 stage from the american co, and I think I paid 120 with everything

Red tiger lilly, Rotala Indica, Sagittaria Subulata, Micro Sword, Cardinal Plant
Fluorite Black sand and gravel
jaiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com