So I have this 75 gallon tank. I've already mixed in the salt and such and it has been about 30 days since I've done this. The tank sits above a 4o gallon freshwater tank. I currently have a fluval 304 filter. BUT- it cracked on the latch area of the bowl so now I guess I need to either buy another filter, fix this one, or design one using a 15 gallon spare tank I have.
What would you suggest? My plans for the tank are to put a few fish in it and some live rock. I'd also like a see anenomy or three. (sp?)
1. What is the m ost cost effective way of filtering this tank?
2. I have normal lights that were used ona fresh water tank, will these work?
3. Check out the rocks I have in the tank, are these type rocks ok to use in salt water?
4. I have two power pumps that hook into a self build circle of PVC
below the coral rock, these keep the water flowing in circles. Is this too much water movement?
I'm getting back into salt water after having had a tank when I was a teenager. Looking for good ideas. But with the economy the way it is I' need to keep spending to a minimum. (soon to change)
5. Can I keep plastick plants in a saltwater tank?
Thanks for any help you provide.