Need some help here with marineland filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two marineland 350 filters and have sand in the bottom of the tank the filters keep sucking up the sand and shutting off how can I stop this?

I have two marineland 350 filters and have sand in the bottom of the tank the filters keep sucking up the sand and shutting off how can I stop this?

What size is your tank? Do you think it might be too strong for your size tank? Is it the magnum? If so, that is rated up to 100g. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

No the pengium ones but the tank is over stocked that's why its extra filtration on it the intake tubes are about eight inches above the sand

Mumma.of.two said:
Yep just cut a slit in it and slide it over the intake. You will need to clean it off once or twice a week because it will collect a lot of junk.

I bet the nylon stockings wouldn't.clog as fast.

Mumma.of.two said:
Depends. If the sponge is course then stocking will catch more gunk.

Guess so. Sponge would also build bb. So it may be superior.

I used one of the foam media cartridge that goes in a aqua clear hob filter and out it in the intake tube will let everyone know how it works

Just for the record, I have an Emperor 280 & a Penguin 200 in my 46g bowfront- the same tank as the OP.

I do not have any problems with it sucking up sand. What I did do though, is by each of the filter tubes, I scooped away the sand from the bottom of the tank near the pickup tubes. That way the sand isnt as close to the vacuum force of the pump AND the fish kind of dig the little dips in the sand!

YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom