Need some help with High Light for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ForestMania

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and I recently picked up hobby in keeping an aquarium (had one when I was young). I set up a 55 gallon tank from topfin with their starter kit (Hood led light, filter, heater). I already have several plants in the tank, and I decided to go for carpet plants. I have been doing some search online, and I really want some help in light selection

Tank length about 49 - so I am thinking about 48'' size single light or two 24'' lights. Overall over 130W for plant growth. I currently have found the following lights

1. Odyssea PS Quad T5 Aquarium Light Marine Cichlid HO 4 Lamp 48''
2. Yescom 96W 24" T5 HO Aquarium Light 6500K Fluorescent 4x24W White
3. Aquatic Life Aquatic Life Marquis Freshwater Aquarium Light Fixture T5 HO w/2-Lamps & Timer 48''
4. Coralife Aqualight High Output T5 Dual Lamp Fixture

I am getting a mixture of review on these products, can any one give me some advice on what light I should for my tank. All suggestion welcome, and would be better if you can give me some extra brands and options for the light.:):):)

Yes, I would add a DIY CO2 system into the tank. I just ordered a Fennix plant+ 24/7 system. I hope it would work.

Back
Top Bottom