Need someone knowledegable about glass and drilling holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys I really need the help from an expert. I have at least a year before my show tank will go under the knife but I want to plan this tank out to perfection. I have already learned alot on my smaller 29 gallon tank (currently drilled and connected with a smaller tank).

Ok on to my question. With my new tank I want NO equipment in the tank. My heaters will be placed inside the refuguim. I plan on running a closed loop setup for the water flow.

Im looking into using the OM squirt 8-way unit. By doing this I want to drill 8 holes on the tank itself. I was thinking of doing them all on the back wall and using ball connectors to change the flow. My main question is how the glass
will handle with the holes. They will ~1-5/8'' holes. The tank is 44'' long.

Here is a rough draft and placment of where I would like to place the holes. If anyone has any expertise or a name I could call and talk to them about it would be greatly appreciated.

img_758874_0_c1f9b31e2d59c8725981392df22d378a.jpg

Thanks,
Dustin

We drill tanks at the shop all the time. How thick is the glass? Are these holes going to be inside an overflow, or taking the full pressure of the water?

Back
Top Bottom