Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick View Post
3 for sure. These fixtures cover a 24" x 24" square area. 3 would be ideal for you. Not sure how far you've gotten in the thread, but these fixtures have dimmable nobs, so you will need timers.
Amazon's got a free timer with purchase. Breaking out the Bill Me Later as we speak. I get 30 days to return, so if I moved too quick, I can always get my money back.

Thanks for being there!

Old 01-05-2014, 02:47 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me View Post
Amazon's got a free timer with purchase. Breaking out the Bill Me Later as we speak. I get 30 days to return, so if I moved too quick, I can always get my money back.

Thanks for being there!
Oh wow nice. Do you have a link for the one you bought? Curious to see how they are on Amazon.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:16 AM   #13

Chritmas Promotion TaoTronics® TT-AL09 120w Dimmable Led Aquarium Lights with Free Timer Aquarium Hoods Led Reef Light for Coral Fish Seaweed (3w/Led, Blue/White Ratio- 28:27; Two-Year Warranty) - Amazon.com

and I also got Amazon.com: R2 Dual Extreme Aquarium Moonlight: Pet Supplies since the fixtures didn't have moonlights. The fixture I have now has 4 moonlights, but if I creatively space, I can get by with 2.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:16 AM   #14

Moderator has to approve my links, so look for it tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I run 2 160 watt Razors on my 125, very happy with them, well made in the US. About $900 for 2 of them

http://maxspectusa.com/index.php?opt...d=20&Itemid=21

URL=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/Holygral/media/IMG_3228_zps37af9f08.jpg.html][/URL
Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post
I run 2 160 watt Razors on my 125, very happy with them, well made in the US. About $900 for 2 of them

R420r LED Lighting System

URL=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/Holygral/media/IMG_3228_zps37af9f08.jpg.html][/URL
I saw the Razor at a LFS, yesterday as a matter of fact. Store owner said a new and larger one was out. Specs for it and for the chinese one I ordered are nearly identical. Actually the main differences being the Razor was prettier and lighter weight, and 3 times the cost of a chinese one. I went for cheaper. I could use the exercise lifting!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:32 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Considering LEDs last 10 years, I'll pay more money for high quality American made vs cheap Chinese made, there are many post of cheap Chinese made lights bringing broken after 6 months or being opened up at a year and be completly rusted. You get what you pay for in LEDs, skimmers and rodi units, but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:58 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post
Considering LEDs last 10 years, I'll pay more money for high quality American made vs cheap Chinese made, there are many post of cheap Chinese made lights bringing broken after 6 months or being opened up at a year and be completly rusted. You get what you pay for in LEDs, skimmers and rodi units, but that's just my opinion.
Can you please provide info on these panels breaking down after 6 months-year?

Reviews on this forum, RC,R2R, and various others are strongly proving otherwise. There do seem to be a few cases where the panel does break down early, but the rate is quite low. Extremely low enough where the gamble so to speak is clearly coming out in the hobbyists favor.

The performance of these lights when measured in PAR is meeting or exceeding that of the more expensive "quality" panels. I've measured and compared the PAR numbers myself as I have 3 radions hanging on my larger DT in addition to a Chinese panel over my 60g cube. Had I known then what I do now, I would not have purchased the radions and went with the cheaper chinese panels. In the end, at least for me, the extras that many of the more expensive and quality fixtures provide do not justify their ridiculous price tag.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It's just like plane crashes....you only hear about the few that crash, not the thousands that landed safely. There's nothing wrong with these Tao panels. Do you think the other units are rust proof? They don't do anything out of the ordinary to make them so.

Tags
led, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com