Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need XP3 Top Motor Cover

I recently purchased a "new" XP3 off ebay. However the Top cover has a crack where the quick disconnect hoses attach. This makes for a very hard time connecting the hoses. Rena does not sell the top cover as a replacement item. So if anyone out there has a dead XP3 but the top cover is in good condition I would sure like to purchase it.

Thanks all.

Bottom line...you get what you pay for.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
if it was new. then it is under warrenty and you should contact:

Contact Us

HOURS OF OPERATION:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time (Monday through Friday)

Product/Technical Support: (800) 847-0659

Mailing Address:
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
PO Box 218
Chalfont, PA 18914-0218
Main Office: (215) 822-8181

You can also contact us via email or by using our Help Desk for questions or product warranty.

http://www.rena.net/en_us/contact.asp

Old 10-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #3

I would like to send the unit back, however this was not purchased from a retail business. I purchased it from an individual on ebay who stated that the item was "new". I have talked to Rena about purchasing the top cover and was told that it is not available. I assumed that this would be a common item, as the area that is cracked is vulnerable to this.
I'm sure that the previous owner was aware of this and did not mention this in the auction description. I left appropriate feedback and accepted my item. So I am looking for the top cover only. I am sure that someone out there has a dead XP3 that would like to part with the top cover. If not, I will find a way to fix it myself. I am currently just placing a piece of shipping tape underneath and it seems to provide enough support that I can take the hoses off and on for maintainance. Super Glue will not work on this type of plastic. It just peels off after drying. I will have to try something else if no one can help.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

bought off eBay? start the 'complaint' process and try to make the seller 'make good' on it.

otherwise, look on ebay for a used one or one that's got a broken bottom.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #5

ttt

Tags
cover, motor, oto, xp3

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com