Neptune apex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased the apex gold system.. What's everyone doing with there system? Cool setups. Hidden features. Lets hear how you run yours! .. I need ideas! :)

Got my apex gold. But not hooking it up until June after we move. I can't wait to run it!

i run mine basic. use the vdm to control my tunze powerheads. control lights on off, have a breakout box with 2 switches to turn skimmer off when i need to dump the skimmate, and one to turn both return and skimmer off for water changes

What do the breakout boxes do? I wonder if they come with the gold system?

they make it so you can add switches like on/off switches or a float switch

Hmm. Are they a must have? Can't you just put your skimmer and pumps on a toggle switch for cheaper? I was going to buy a 5 toggle switch dj light bar for 30$ and put wave makers and skimmers on. Which way would be better?

I don't see a reason to put jebaos on apex because they are already set up. Just use a power bar to control them.

i got the breakout box when i bought my apex second hand so it was still cheaper for me switches were $1.50 each and took less than a min to program. why have the apex if your not gonna use the cool features. as for my powerheads i have rs on for 10min 60-100% every 3sec both for 10 min at 60%and ls on for 10 on same flow as rs making a custom wave pattern. its all in what you want to do and i find it easy to flip one switch to turn all equipment i need off for maintenance

Back
Top Bottom