Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2015, 01:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Neptune systems apex Jr question?

I was thinking about getting this to monitor the heat in the tank is it worth spending $240 for the basic kit I am on a budget but I do want to make sure my fish are safe anyone's thoughts on this thank you

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Old 07-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'd like to get people's opinion on this as well.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

If temp is all you are wanting to monitor , try one of these...

Azoo Micro Temp Controller | eBay

I have 2 and they work great for the money. Amazon has them sometimes too.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

ty gonna check that out
Old 07-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Since this topic is already up, with no intent to hijack this thread but I'm in the same boat as bri and if I can get away with an apex jr due to budget is rather go that route. My question is if I purchase an apex jr with another eb8, pm1 module for ph phrobe would this be enough to maintain my tank? If I can save and extra $100 it would be ideal, I know I'll add more in the long run but I can wait for other add ins. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:35 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I literally just posted about the APEX earlier asking people's opinions haha. So I guess I'll give my little bit here..granted I only decided that I wanted one just today so I may be very wrong with what I say here.

I'm definitely with the other poster on here that if you just want to monitor temps go a different route. The Jr. setup to me seems great because it's obviously a lot cheaper but expanding it to be as useful as the other models isn't a possibility. The Jr. only allows you to add a maximum of 5 modules to the whole system. In my opinion knowing ALL of the capabilities of the system I don't want to limit it. The jr would be great to monitor the basics of keeping a saltwater tank until you get into the finer details of having a matured tank whether it's a reef or not. At that point you'd probably love the jr so much you'd want to expand it and end up spending more then the standard package. At least that's my thoughts after watching all the BRSTV videos about it. And by looking in my cabinet and seeing the mess connected to my 2 power strips and how annoying it is to plug and unplug certain things to do something in my tank I know I'd love having a controller capable of handling all of that for me.

My best reason for wanting at least the standard package is that I just spent 4 days in the hospital and NO ONE I know could take care of my tank for me. Even something as simple as feeding my fish can be complicated to someone trying to help me out. Being away from my tank against my control I know now I want to be able to pull up a control panel and check on/mess with my tank in as many ways as possible.

I'm trying my best to build a good reef tank on a budget as well and I DIY most of my equipment but I know what I'll be asking the wife for on my birthday.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I spoke to a rep from Neptune and he gave me some good points on why the regular apex is much better. I agree that in the long run the jr will be more expensive but limited. Too bad Neptune stopped the lite version of it.

Tags
question, stem, system

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com